Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life lessons

Once again, in an effort to motivate myself to write more, I've changed the direction of this blog. No longer is it a sports blog dedicated to everything. It is now what maybe it should have been all along: just my thoughts about everyday life. Simplicity has always been the key to my life, and with complexity I tend to over-think and paint over my own artwork, so to say.

So now, back to basics: my unbridled, uncensored, sometimes to-the-point, other times rambling, labyrinthine thoughts on precisely what this was meant to be about: livin'. L-I-V-I-N.


One of the most beautiful things about life is that I learn something new every day. So, I impart some lessons I've learned upon you:

  • Happiness is a sunny afternoon, the open road, windows down, with an autumn breeze.
  • If you're a guy and feel you have too many clothes and need to rid yourself of some of them, but just can't seem to part ways with that old t-shirt from college, become single. Being single is the easiest way to shrink your wardrobe. Why? Because women are thieves, plain and simple. I love women, and I wish not to anger them, but they will steal your heart during the night and steal your Alabama Feels So Right 1982 Tour shirt the next morning.
  • Football is a cruel mistress. On Saturday, your college team can absolutely dominate it's opponent and proclaim itself the best team in the nation. On Sunday, your pro team can fall behind, fight hard and come all the way back, only to lose because a guy who gets paid SIX FUCKING FIGURES TO KICK A GODDAMNED BALL can't do his job.
  • This Crackberry will be the death of me.

1 comment:

On Deadline said...

Preach on, brother. Life is all about the livin'. How often do we get caught up in the day-to-day bullshit and forget that it's about the damn journey not the destination. Keep on doing it man. Keep on writing, keep on inspiring, keep on keeping on. Hell yeah, keep on livin'.